Sunday, April 15, 2007

Nani Poetry

Finally! It’s coming.

Soaring around my brain,

Coursing through my veins;

begging, pressing, screaming to be released.

I want to; I want to get it out.

Need to, but it just keeps building,

Developing, growing, transforming.

Drawing strength as it grows in numbers, in type, in likeness.

It’s not ready yet, but it’s coming; fierce, like a tidal wave

under the sweet swoon of the moon.

Strong enough to change a mind, make you forget

others of its kind.

Right there, no, right here.

This is the place for it, it needs to happen here. It just feels right.

Put it down. Get it all down.

Before…Before…

The want comes no more.

I can’t explain it.

Whew!

The word. The word is a powerful thing.

LaTanya Pattillo April 2007

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Powerful indeed! Well done.